Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Talking With ~ The Chicken Fountain

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity and the pleasure to have lunch with the owner and inventor of The Chicken Fountain! We just happen to live about 20 minutes away from each other.  Once we figured that out, it was only a matter of time before we just had to get together.  A few days before we met, my 14 yr old daughter Autumn had been the 1,000th LIKE on Frank’s FB page, therefore winning her a tshirt. My daughter and I showed up for lunch and Frank had brought us a chicken fountain in hopes that we would put it together, use it and review it. Well, we did that. I honestly have no idea how I have lived without this! Let me tell you a little more about Frank and I will explain why his product is amazing.
Frank Cardaropoli lives in Davidson, NC on 6 acres with his wife and kids. His kids are ages 7, 8, 16, and he also has a 23 yr old niece.  Needless to say, with the kids alone, he has his hands full. Then you add in his 14 chickens, 3 dogs, 2 goats, a cat, and a few hermit crabs. He is one busy man! They have lived in this area for 12 yrs and about 3 years ago Frank started making Chicken Fountains. He made them for himself and friends and family started wanting them. A good friend of his pushed him to start producing them and here we are today, with the best way to water your flock that money can buy!
So I sat down when I got home to put together The Chicken Fountain.  I opened the box and pulled it all out. It took me about 10 minutes to put the whole thing together and that included the time it was taking my 14 yr old to figure out how to use the camera on my phone to take photos for the blog. The hardest part of the entire thing was opening the bottle of PVC glue! It was SO SIMPLE to assemble! Everything you need is included in the box.
Once I got the fountain hung up out by my coop, I attached the rubber bands to the nipples to create a drip. This is only used until the chickens realize that there is water there for them, it helps them to learn. Once they have gotten it, you take off the rubber bands and the drip stops. I love that I am not wasting any water with the Chicken Fountain.  I have seen many concerns from others about their chickens learning how to use the fountain. I will be the first to tell you, I don’t have the smartest flock.  I have a Rooster that is a wimp, a hen that is the Alpha in the flock and 2 birds that just don’t  “get it” when it comes to laying eggs IN the box. My chickens learned the Chicken Fountain in less than 4 hours. It only takes ONE to learn it and once the others see one doing it , they have to be nosy. Also, when you place the Chicken Fountain out there, you remove all other source(s) of water and the fountain will be the only option for them.  
I saved my favorite part of The Chicken Fountain for last. Before I had the Chicken Fountain, every 3-4 days I had to go out to the coop, empty the water bucket and clean it. Which meant me touching this slimy gross build up.  Never again will I ever go back to that. The standard Chicken Fountain holds 1.5 gallons of water and fully refreshed the supply within two days and the slime NEVER forms!  It is made from heavy duty PVC pipe and you can add anything you want to, like apple cider vinegar, directly to the unit.
The Chicken Fountain comes in 3 sizes for different sized flocks. There is the MINI for 2 to 6 bids, The STANDARD that is made for flocks of 4-16 birds, and the MEGA which can handle 40+ birds.  Have you ever had a problem with your current water freezing in the winter? Not with the Chicken Fountain. They also make a drop in heater that will keep water flowing to your birds in the coldest of temps! I will be raving about the fountain forever! Check out his site and how to order your Chicken Fountain at www.ChickenFountain.com
Or….
You could also try to win one!!  The contest is HERE

Frank is a great guy and will answer any questions you have. You can contact him many ways, through his website, Facebook page or email him directly at info@chickenfountain.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment